At Myant, we are creating the world’s first textile computing platform, integrating technology directly into the one thing that we use every day - clothing and textiles. The sensors and actuators embedded within our apparel connect your body to the digital world, creating what we call your Digital Identity. This data is uploaded to the cloud and can be shared with those who matter to you - your doctors, coaches, other IoT devices, your family members - without you consciously having to think about it. Imagine a world where you walk into your house and the temperature automatically adjusts to suit you, or the lights adjust to your mood, or your doctor is aware of the onset of a disease before you even visit. The line between the digital and physical world is becoming increasingly blurry, and we believe textile is the next medium to bridge that gap. Over the next 12-18 months, we are launching a dozen form factors that will cover your body from the neck down. This will give you continuous, bi-directional access to the body; creating an ambient link between you and others, and you and AI.
Myant is looking for people who believe in our mission to make wearable technology truly ubiquitous and convenient, so that everyone can benefit from it. We are a cross-functional team solving big challenges at the intersection of fashion, electronics, software, and data science.
- In-depth understanding of seamlessly knitted and flat knitted therapeutic accessories, design and function
- Able to forecast trends and interpret them as appropriate to the brand
- Establish seasonal color, materials, themes and trends for each season
- Set overall design vision for line each season
- Responsible for designing and overseeing the design of the product line, from concept to final execution of the samples
- Direct and manage design and technical teams to develop collections that are balanced between being fashion forward and commercially viable for target customer base
- Work with focus groups to determine UX/UI of product being designed
- Effectively manage and ensure adherence to design budget and calendar
- Ability be fully immersed in the entire process of the product development including integration of technology and fittings
- Must be able to understand the technology being integrated and be involved in the process
- Challenge and inspire the design and tech team to conceptualize and design core and innovative collections each season while maintaining a retail focus.
- Effectively establish and communicate each season’s focus and challenge, encouraging the team involved to meet those needs creatively
- Be able to lead and inspire a collaborative work environment and continually analyze the strengths and limitations of the design and tech team, creating strategies to maximize individual and team talent.
- Create post-mortems seasonally
- Constantly strive to improve processes to increase production efficiencies, and decrease production time
- Be highly aware of the wearable technology space
- 10 years of experience in a Senior Designer or Design Director in therapeutic accessories
- Experience in manufacturing process
- Strong knowledge in fabrics and technical properties
- Good understanding of bio-mechanics and human physiology
- BA in From Art and Design College/University
- Proficient in Photoshop and Illustrator
- Experience managing a small/medium team
- Creative, detail-oriented
- Strong communications skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office