The Myant mission is to create a digital human presence through a textile ambient interface to connect every human being to self, others and AI.
Myant was created with the future in mind. We believe that the advancement of technology should evolve around humans.
7 years ago we identified textile as the form factor that would connect the human to the Internet of Things. Since then we have been developing and assembling the technology required to connect us to each other, to ourselves and to Artificial Intelligence. We built the infrastructure for an end-to-end facility; we gathered a talented multidisciplinary team; we secured IP and trade secrets and we established strategic relationships; all to create the world’s most advanced and holistic Textile Computing Platform.
As CFO you will be accountable for supporting, preserving, and enhancing the financial strength of Myant’s business. You’ll work closely with Myant’s CEO and team leads (Operations, Growth, Technology & Product) to create the analytical framework that supports key strategic positions – focusing on fundraising, corporate goverming budgeting, cost controls, allocation of resources, and investor relations.
You have proven success in a high level financial role within a PE or VC-backed company, and have done everything from creating financial models and managing budgets to presenting financials to the board, and have been through multiple rounds of funding. You’re someone who sees the necessity of a solid financial foundation and understanding of such across all departments of a company, and is able to work closely with other team leads to create better strategies and decisions, not just leverage historical financials. You make the world of complex finance digestible and understandable to management and shareholders.
You will be responsible for:
- Financial planning and budget management: creating annual and three-year budget framework, maintaining and updating forecast throughout year against budget
- Monitoring and analyzing monthly operating results against budget
- Leading and providing continual improvement of the budgeting process through education of department managers on financial issues impacting their budgets
- Providing leadership with recommendations and guidance on the financial impact of various products and initiatives
- Working with growth and marketing to manage resource allocation as we scale
- Establishing and ensuring compliance of the company corporate governance
- Managing financial reporting to CEO, board members, and investors as needed
- Creating a system to analyze non-financial KPI’s that drive overall business performance (i.e. growth goals, new products/enhancements)
- Mapping and tracking projected operational metrics and fundraising expectations
- Creating framework to measure and monitor performance against operational metrics that support strategy
- Spearheading the capital sourcing as we grow
- Responsible for supporting and instigating strategic planning for the company
- In depth understanding of the addressable market
- General understanding of corporate, labour and IP laws
- Work with senior management to evaluate the revenue, profit and value creation potential of product conversion and new product introduction; create underlying framework to evaluate lifetime value of our customers
- Create feedback loop to new customer efforts so we are purposefully and successfully targeting customers that map to our current and future product roadmap
- Developing business model for analytics from data science and behavioral analytics
- Ensuring that effective internal controls are in place and ensure compliance with GAAP and applicable regulatory laws and rules for financial and tax reporting
- Understanding of all necessary tax filings for company so that minimal outside tax engagement is necessary
- Masters Degree in Finance, Accounting or Business with strong accounting experience
- Five to 10 years’ experience in high level financial role, CPA preferred
- Strong knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles included in Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Experience in corporate fundraising from PE and VC firms (Series B and beyond)
- Understanding of the FinTech landscape, experience in financial services industry